Thursday, August 25, 2011

Who won?

I spent most of the day preparing the house and food for Micah's birthday party tomorrow.  I enjoyed spending time with the children at the house.  I feel like it has been a while since they have had the opportunity to just play at their house with their toys.  We have been on the go so much lately.  It appeared that they appreciated the down time as well.  I enjoyed listening as Micah and Elijah played nicely together in the basement building all sorts of fun things out of legos.  We also enjoyed spending some time with Grandma Shirley and Grandpa Louie.  They came to help assemble shish-ka-bobs.  It is amazing how much more enjoyable a monotonous job like putting food on a stick becomes when you have the company of loved ones or friends.




     Later in the evening we joined the Birch, Barley, Brand and Krause families at a Beach Bums game. Throughout the school year many of our children had spent time reading and earned free tickets to the game.  This game was the last opportunity of the season to make use of the free tickets, so we all decided to go together.  We had a fantastic time!!  We chose to sit in lawn seats and the children were able to play at the play ground and in the grass.  The children had a blast playing together and so did the grown ups!  I realized after we arrived home that I had such a fun time chatting with everyone that I never did hear for sure who won the game!  I guess that is the true sign of a fun night.





No comments:

Post a Comment