Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mixed Emotions!


Its funny how emotions play out in the life of a seven year old...or at least my seven year old.  Today was the open house at Micah's school.  Micah will be returning to Trinity Lutheran after spending a year at the Catholic school(Holy Angels.)  He seems both nervous, excited and even a little emotional about the start of the new year.  I am confident that he will have a great year this year, but he seems a little unsure of the fact that he will be leaving the friends that he made last year.  Today his emotions about starting school came out in cute and funny ways.  I told him that he would need to wear some of his nicer clothes to the open house tonight.  He immediately selected one of his short sleeve button down shirts.  He looked very nice.  He decided to mask his nervousness...literally.  Here is a photo of how Micah chose to show up to his open house.  It gave his new teacher a good look into what she would be getting herself into this year with Micah man in her class.
Micah enjoyed picking out his desk for the year and he even received a special pencil to use on his first day of school.
       I look forward to hearing all about Micah's first day in first grade, but it is emotional for me as well.  I pray that he will have a fun year and that he will grow closer to his Lord and Savior Jesus as he attends the Lutheran school...but it has been a fun summer, and I will miss having him home all the time with me.  So, we both have mixed emotions about the beginning of the 2011/2012 school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment