Friday, November 4, 2011

Rotten chocolate milk and the forest Elves!



      Some days, when I pick Micah up from school, he is quiet and has very little to tell me about his day.  Other days, he is full of stories about all of the exciting things that went on during his day at school.  Today was a day full of stories!  The funniest story he wanted to share with me was the fact that another child in his class had accidentally left her chocolate milk from the previous week in her desk causing a huge stink in the classroom.  It's kind of a funny story but, what really put the icing on the cake for me was the conclusion that Micah had arrived at following the rotten milk incident.  Micah informed me today that he was relatively certain that the elves in the forest drink rotten chocolate milk because one day he had been outside and he lifted up the top of an acorn and decided to smell it, and sure enough, it smelled just like rotten chocolate milk!  Where did Micah get the idea that we have Forest Elves in Traverse City.  I have often felt that our forests in Traverse City could easily be used as an enchanted forest in a movie, but I have never mentioned anything about Elves living in our forests!  How funny!  I love Micah's imagination, and I am glad that even though he growing older ever day, he still makes use of his fun loving imagination!
       In honor of Micah's great imagination,  I have decided to include a few of our Halloween photos in this post.    I found Micah's imagination to be especially active around Halloween!  Instead of dressing in   a typical boy costume such as a super hero or a pirate Micah insisted on being Abraham Lincoln.  He was very cute alongside our little Bumblebee(Madeline) and our Mario (Elijah)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment